Marriage licenses can be obtained in Wayne County through the Circuit Clerk’s office, which is located on the first floor of the courthouse near the South entrance. For information, contact the Circuit Clerk’s office, which is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, at 601-735-1171.
Requirements for a marriage license:
- The bride and groom must appear together to apply.
- Both parties must have a valid identification (birth certificate or driver license, date of birth must be in English).
- If under 21, a parent or parents must sign or a court order may be required (parents must have a valid identification).
- Pay a filing fee to the Circuit Clerk.
- Confirmation of finalization of any recent divorce.